Thursday, December 13, 2007

John Travolta and "It's the Thought that Counts"

When my sisters and I (6 girls in our family) were very little, we used to enjoy the boxes that our holiday gifts came in…sometimes even more than the presents! All we needed was some duct tape and imagination and we were ‘good to go’. Some things never change! At GramEpat’s Place I continue to enjoy the packaging! Only now the emphasis is on repurposing items. The locals (BTW: Interesting article about John Travolta….Locals want John to be more thoughtful! Click the link!) know that I love to repurpose products….and of special interest are the maps of Mt.Desert Island. There are limitless ideas and, thanks to Wes Shaw, my local map maker, I have cases of outdated maps to re-use.
Today I was delighted to receive a holiday card that was sent in a recycled European map envelope.
The written verse on the card was lovely and very much appreciated. However, I’m certain that the 'direcktrecycling
envelope was the 'thoughtful hidden message' for me! “It’s the thought that counts!” Thanks, Andie! REALTOR® gramEpat

No comments: