Sunday, May 24, 2009
I got a kick out of a recent Warren Buffett quote that a friend told me:
"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked".
FYI:The water temperature at Sand Beach, Acadia National Park's popular swimming area, rarely exceeds 55 degrees, so don't even think about skinny-dipping in those Maine waters. According to a posting at boston.com/travel, "It's far better to stroll at night -- and bundled up -- when the shimmering bioluminescence from microscopic creatures in the bay can sometimes illuminate the adjacent rocky bluffs".
"No worries on this end...I'll be covered from head to toe with Polar Fleece! (GramEpat)
"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians".
Warren Buffett *
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price". *
"In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield". *
" If you're in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent"*
Posted by GramE Pat at 8:00 PM No comments:
Labels: Real Estate Tips
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Contemplating Your Piece of Maine in Acadia National Park?
Contemplating 'Your Piece of Maine"?
My friend, Ben Kimball offered to let me use his self portrait in my recent ads.
He took the photo this past December. It’s on Champlain Mtn. overlooking The Bowl. The knob just above his head is the backside of The Beehive.
Thank you, Ben!
Posted by GramE Pat at 12:32 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)