Saturday, August 30, 2008

Awesome Wonder


It's Saturday morning and I'm headed for downtown Someville Maine! Our quaint village library is open for business this AM and I can't wait to get some new reading material for my 'pedal boat therapy' sessions on Long Pond.

Driving thru the village, savoring the scenic views on the way to my office every morning, I find myself humming the song "How Great Thou Art".

From the library lawn, the vistas across the Mill Pond and Somes Sound are so incredible....
"When through the woods, and forest glades I wander, And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees. When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze"......

I find myself grinning when I drive by in the early AM and see the tourists sitting on the library steps ...and on the benches on the lawn, with their laptops propped open, accessing the free 24/7 internet service that the Association provides. I can't help but wonder if they snuck away in the early AM from their vacation cabins in the Maine woods (while their family is still sleeping) ...to check on the real world!
"When I in awesome wonder, Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made".....
Looking for 'your piece of Maine?" Let me know how I can help!
Realtor GramEpat.com technorati tag

No comments: