Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Piece of Maine

I am fortunate to have several incredible Pieces of Maine.
One of my favorite spots is in the Historic Village of Somesville.
Pictured below is the Somesville Foot Bridge. One of the Island's most photographed scenes.
(FYI: I took this photo last week when I was taking a morning walk thru our scenic village. )


The Somesville Carriage House (GramE Pat's Place ) is my 'home away from home'. Located on the Main Street, across from the Harbor, I get to enjoy gentle summer breezes , watch the Eagles and Osprey, take short walks to village amenities (book store, museum, antique shop, church, PO and Bank...all nearby). I can even flag down the Island Explorer Bus if I choose to 'run away' and take a free ride around the National Park.

The foot bridge and Old Selectmen's museum building (pictured above) are just 'down the street' from my real estate office.


When you visit Acadia National Park, stop by the Carriage House to say "Hello". If my car is in the yard, the welcome mat is always out.


If my 'be right back' sign is on the door, I'm probably across the street at the Village Landing on Somes Sound...or walking to the Post Office and Bank. Of course if it is Wed. afternoon, or Sat. AM, you'll probably find me with my nose buried in a book at the local Library. Stroll down to join me.
Sit for a spell on my favorite bench, watch the ducks frolicking in the Mill Pond and enjoy the fantastic views of Somes Sound.

BTW: Somesville is the oldest settlement on Mt.Desert Island. And,...Bar Harbor and the Park Loop Road are only minutes away.!!

Let me know how I can help you find your Piece of Maine! (YPOM)

What do you love about Acadia?
Realtor GramE Pat

No comments: