Monday, December 17, 2007

"I am Woman, Hear me Roar"

Hear me roar? "In numbers too big to ignore"
I found some interesting postings about Women REALTORS®
1927 New York Times
Special to The New York Times.
August 14, 1927, Sunday

SEATTLE, Wash., Aug. 13 1927. -- "Far from the home and from the orthodox responsibilities of home-making sits the woman REALTOR® , but no line can be drawn where her home leaves off and her office begins. More than 200 women gathered here yesterday for the first national conference of women REALTORS® . "

I searched some more and found that in 1938, a national women's council formed a women's division at its annual convention. Thirty seven ambitious women represented nine states at the meeting for the inception of the Women's Council of REALTORS® .

According to statistics that I found on Realtor.org, women are making strides in the profession, making up nearly 54 percent of REALTORS® licensed through the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
200 in 1927, over a half a million in 2007! WOW. That's impressive! "You go, girl". G r r r r r r r r r r r r r r REALTOR® gramEpat

No comments: