Saturday, December 8, 2007

"And Miles to Go Before I Sleep"

I recently had a conversation with my son who is considering running a 100 Mile endurance race. I asked him what he would do about lack of sleep…assuming the race might take up to 30 hours to complete. After that conversation, I decided , just for fun…to send him the poem lyrics of Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening’ by Robert Frost because it has the quote “and miles to go before I sleep”. In my Google search, I was delighted to discover a very interesting article about a commercial real estate investor who was making his debut in solo sailing . Managing sleep deprivation is a critical skill in the solo-sailing racing game. The article includes helpful tips from Dr.Sleep (Dr. Claudio Stampi is sole proprietor of the Newton, Massachusetts-based Chronobiology Research Institute, which is dedicated to the highly refined art of achieving maximum performance on minimal sleep ). Many of us budget time like others budget money. (And others think ‘time is money’ :) Wouldn’t it be great to learn how to sleep less and accomplish more! We all have “promises to keep and miles to go before we sleep”. REALTOR® gramEpat

No comments: