Sunday, September 14, 2008

WSYCTAODNTRX?


(Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks)?
Or teach a NEW puppy, OLD tricks. (WSYCTANPOTRX?)

When I was a little girl, I thought that every family kept a bag of clothes in their freezer. I assumed that everyone’s Mom froze their ironing pile until they were ‘in the mood’ ! …My mother used to hang clothes outside on the line to dry. She said that she enjoyed the physical exercise of lugging the basket into the yard...bending over to pick up items...then reaching up to use the clothes pins to attach them to the line. There was even a method to that madness...All of my dad's shirts were hung side be side, and pinned by the shirt tails. When the shirts were still slightly damp, she used to fold them and put them in a bag in the freezer. Then when the mood struck her... (if I remember correctly it was during a 'full moon alert'... ) she would iron the frosty shirts ! Guess that was her version of ‘steam’ ironing…no need to 'sprinkle each item'...…and she could take on that project whenever there was a full moon…(or whatever else prompted her to want to tackle that frosty pile!)…
I miss you, Mom (Your memory lives on!...'I'm dancing as fast as I can' :)
"I'll find you in the morning sun , And when the night is new.I'll be looking at the moon,But I'll be seeing you".
technorati tag

No comments: